In this hands-on workshop, you´ll learn how to systematically turn your idea into a repeatable and scalable business
This lean workshop is designed for Entrepreneurs, Intrapreneurs, and other Visionaries charged with bringing bold new ideas to life.
Content of the Workshop
In this 2-day hands-on workshop, you'll learn a systematic methodology, developed through rigorous testing of Lean Startup, Customer Development, and Bootstrapping techniques on hundreds of products, that will show you exactly how to build what people want
. The workshop is run over 2 full days of lectures, interactive Q&A, and hands-on practice on your own product.
DAY 1 - Business Model Creation
The first day is themed around Business Model Creation or Documenting Your Plan A. The day starts with a general overview of the methodology and then we get to work on defining your true product - your business model. By the end of the first day, you'll learn how to effectively capture, refine, and pitch your core business model to internal and external stakeholders.
9:00 - 10:00
Running Lean Overview
10:00 - 10:30
- Understand why building new products is hard
- Overview of the 3 meta-principles for Running Lean
- Real-world example to illustrate core principles
- How to apply core principles to any kind of product
11:00 - 12:30
Document Your Plan A
- Learn how to capture your business model on a single page
- Understand the top 3 universal risks all products face
13:30 - 15:00
Bulletproof Your Business Model
- Avoid top 10 pitfalls entrepreneurs make
- Identify top risks specific to your business model
15:30 - 17:00
Pitching Your Business Model
- Learn how to share your model with team members, advisors, and investors.
- Pitch your model for learning.
DAY 2 - Business Model Validation
The second day is themed around Business Model Validation or Systematically Testing Your Plan A. Business Model Validation is much greater than Business Model Creation and this is where you'll learn actionable techniques for distilling and stress testing your business model down to testable assumptions or hypotheses. By the end of the day, you'll learn how to define your success metrics and craft effective experiments that maximize for breakthrough learning.
9:00 - 10:00
The Art of The Scientist Overview
10:00 - 11:00
Model Your Business Model as a System
- You'll learn the #1 most important thing scientists do.
Hint: It isn't running experiments. That's #2.
- What is a system and how does it help with business models?
- Learn how to model your success metrics.
11:30 - 12:30
Run Experiments Like a Scientist
- Learn how to craft effective experiments that maximize for speed, learning, and focus.
- Track and communicate your progress using the Lean Stack innovation accounting tool.
13:30 - 15:00
Applied Systems Thinking
- Introduction to constraints thinking.
- Learn how to prioritize and break constraints in your model.
15:30 - 17:00
Building Features People Want
- What happens beyond your Minimum Viable Product (release 1.0)?
- How to build continuous feedback loops with customers.
Workshop Bonus Items
Workshop attendees additionally get $992 worth of bonus items:
- A copy of my book Running Lean ($25)
- A copy of my next book: The Customer Factory ($30).
- 3 months access to LeanStack innovation accounting tool ($87).
- 3 months access to USERcycle actionable metrics tool ($600).
- 30 min follow-up call with Ash Maurya ($250).
About the speaker
Hi - I am the founder of Spark59
, author of
the international best-selling book Running Lean
, and creator of Lean Canvas
I have spent the last four years teaching and refining this methodology through numerous workshops and bootcamps around the world in Austin, Barcelona, Boston, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Santiago, Toronto, Tokyo, Halifax, Prague, Montreal, Vancouver, Rio de Janiero, and Sao Paulo.
I have worked with companies ranging from 1 person startups to large enterprises such as Intel, Dell, NPR, Amazon, and taught at a number of universities including Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, and UT Austin.
Registration via eventbrite
- 04.12.2013 von 00:00 bis 23:59 Uhr.